Tuesday, December 8, 2009

so frenchy & funny


We went to see some French bands play at the Festival Theatre last weekend, who were both out of control awesome folky and hilarious. I'm a big fan of the So Frenchy, So Chic soundtracks, which I think are put out as part of the French Film Festival in Melbourne each year... However I have to be honest and say I wasn't 100% sure what the show would be like. I haven't sought out too many of the So Frenchy artists individually, so it was flippin SWEET to discover that i loved both Cocoon (top) and Moriarty (bottom)...

Images from {frolic!} & Last FM.

Also pleased to note Moriarty named themselves after Dean Moriarty, the hero from Jack Kerouac's On The Road, a classic and beautiful novel which I love and have re read many times. Their album cover art is very reminiscent of Kerouac's typewriting ways too... Ahh so funny and great when things you're into cross over and find you somehow...


No comments: