Thursday, May 6, 2010

Soundtrack to my week.

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction: Cat Power
Tightrope: Yeasayer
Alpha Shadows: Laura Marling
Man Named Truth: Monsters of Folk
Paint It Black: The Rolling Stones
Tangled up in Blue: Bob Dylan
Bigger Than The Money: Clare Bowditch
Ambling Alp: Yeasayer
Jolene: Dolly Parton
American Music: Violent Femmes
Knotty Pine: David Byrne and Dirty Projectors
Smells Like Teen Spirit: Patti Smith
Sausalito: Connor Oberst
Jimmy: Moriarty
Sleepless: The Decemberists
Cello Song: The Books
Don't Think Twice: Bob Dylan
These Days: Nico



This week is shaping up to be more hectic than most. I'm trying to finalise a heap of new jewellery pieces to be made for the Frauleins show, doing a photo shoot for the current range, oh and just packing up all our gear to head to the Finders Keepers market in Sydney this weekend. Good times! Yet somewhat manic. Keeping me sane is the above track by Yeasayer from the Dark was the Night compilation. 

Oh and I also just read this book Dave got me, by Patti Smith, it's about her youth with photographer, Robert Mapplethorpe and was so so good. Made me ponder lots about creative relationships and how rare and wonderful they are... My review won't do her justice, but this is a good intro to Just Kids.

No comments: